Advanced Business Economics
there will be no seminar offered during the winter term 2019/20
During this seminar you will have four tasks. You are required to:
- write a seminar paper,
- present and defend the paper during the seminar session,
- give a comment on another student's paper during the seminar session,
- take part in the discussions during the seminar session.
You will be assigned a research topic that deals with an economic problem in the field of business economics. In your paper, you are required to explain the economic problem that underlies the assigned topic, accompanied by a critical review of the pertinent literature.
- Click here to find information on the application procedure.
Seminar Organization & documents
- The seminar launch session takes place on: check E-Learning.
- Please register in and check E-Learning OvGU frequently for updates and uploaded documents (key will be provided during launch session).
Note that participation in the seminar's launch session and presentation sessions is absolutely mandatory!
Seminar Topics (selection)*:
- Should executive pay be capped?
- Should employees be offered stock options as part of their pay?
- Implications of the minimum wage on the labor market.
- Why do many firms pay fixed wages when economic theory considers variable pay schemes to be more efficient?
- How should teams be incentivized?
- Should variable pay depend on individual or comparative performance?
* After signing the registration form at the launch session, you may send us an e-mail indicating your two most preferred topics. (Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that you will be assigned one of these topics.)